Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring Time... Sort of

This past weekend my Mommy and Brucey came for a visit.  We planned this trip months and months ago as a belated Happy Retirement trip for my mom.  I know they love to visit quaint little towns so we picked a date that was sure to be blooming and colorful for us to all take a little peaceful weekend holiday in the picturesque town of Galena.  We were so sure everything would be in bloom.  Heck, their website even listed it as "Daffodil Weekend".

Alas, the weather has NOT cooperated so far this season.  Instead of flowers and blooming trees we had rolling hills of partially dead grass and leafless dead looking trees.  Oh, AND it was the Boy Scouts weekend.  The town was full of hundreds of rambunctious little boys.  I'll add that they were super cute and relatively well behaved, but EVERYWHERE nonetheless.  The strangest part of the trip was the suicidal robin that continuously threw itself into our condo's windows all weekend long.  The bird would start on our upstairs bedroom windows at around 6 am and then make it's way to the downstairs windows as we descended for breakfast.  That is slightly creepy if you ask me.  I guess Hitchcock was on to something.

Lack of scenery and creepy bird aside, we had a fabulous time.  I wish the folks were around here more often because we never have a dull moment when they are.  I can't wait for the next gathering so I can kick some more rear ends at hearts!  Apparently Peanut was helping me with my game, or else was really annoyed that I was sitting on the floor, because I got my first "flutter" punch/kick.  Either way bring on the rematch!

1 comment:

  1. So fun to feel the baby move :) Glad you got to enjoy it so early! So exciting and happy for you. Glad you had a great time with your mom and Bruce too.

    ReplyDelete