Friday, February 4, 2011

Dresser Rehab

This sad little dresser once belonged to Ryan's Grandpa Herbert.


As you can see, after many years of neglect this little baby needed
some love.  Seriously, ewww.  Check out that water damage.


So we stripped it down and replaced some parts...


Picked out some new hardware...


And now it is living happily ever after in it's brand new home...


This is what we did during our snow day!  
Well maybe the sanding happened awhile ago. 
OK, so I started this project 3 months ago. Whatever. 

Here is a good before and after for you...


Before

After


3 comments:

  1. Pitty! Now come do that for something at my house...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, it looks fantastic! What was the final cost in paint & hardware? Are you into the new cash & Cari? We haven't watched it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was super cheap job. I used leftover primer and paint ($0), I reused the original nails ($0), we already had wood filler ($0), the replacement wood was also leftover scrap ($0), and the hardware I splurged on since I didn't spend any other money ($27 total). Can't beat that for a new dresser!

    ReplyDelete