Friday, February 24, 2012

October 2011

Alright, stop - baby time!  FINALLY!!!  Highlights:

1. Our carpenter was working (at what I was wishing to be a feverish pace but what was more of a happy-go-lucky/steady-as-he-goes sort of pace) trying to finish our woodwork (even as I was in the hospital delivering Matthew).  In case you were wondering he's still not done.

2.  My wonderful mother (AKA Grammie) came into town and babysat our house, the carpenter, and Smokey so that Ryan and I could spend the ENTIRE work week in the hospital.  Yes, my darling little baby did not want to comply with his eviction notice.  PLUS, Grammie stuck around after we got home and cooked dinners and did endless loads of laundry and other errands and chores.  I'm not quite sure what we would have done without her!

3. Upon returning home we had bazillions of visitors which was very touching, but I was a hormonal new mommy I'm still amazed that I kept a happy smile plastered on my face.  I'm sure I didn't do as well as I'm giving myself credit for, but geez, have people never heard of GERMS and SLEEP DEPRIVATION.  That is a cocktail for disaster to any new mom if you ask me.  I'm only mentioning this because I'm surprised at how annoyed I was.  Crazy times, but happy times.  I will add that to those of you who refrained from bouncing, kissing, licking, and/or breathing on my days old child, and who voluntarily washed your hands/ used hand sanitizer and kept your sharp clothing, jewelry, and uber bright camera flashes away from my baby's face and eyes, well, your visits were appreciated!  Heh, heh, heh, do I have y'all guessing now???  I'm only including this because it was the first time I truly understood what the "momma bear" feeling is like.  Down the road I want to look back and remember the moment when it finally kicked in that I'm the one who is completely responsible for this precious little life.


Here are some photos of his first few days at home with loved ones.  He's one lucky little dude to be so very loved!

 Taney & Banana 1

 Great Aunt Phyllis & Nana

 Uncle Steve

Grandpa & Grammie

No comments:

Post a Comment