Friday, December 28, 2012

Good Nights and Good Mornings

I was told that I need to be recording more of Matthew's funny little stories because (according to those veteran moms) I will never remember them.  I know they're right because I can't even remember what he had for lunch on some days, and since I've been terribly remiss as of late here are a few stories that make me laugh.

Bedtime:
My funny little guy is apparently learning all about bedtime prayers.  Every night our bedtime routine consists of a bath/teeth brushing, reading one book, turning off the lights (we make a big production out of the lights), and then prayers.  Ryan and I always start the prayer like any average bedtime prayer and then we end it by asking Matthew what he is thankful for.  I was fairly certain that he had absolutely no understanding of what we were saying, but the other night he answered me by saying, "Daddy".  I blew it off as a coincidence but then the next night he said he was thankful for food.  The night after that he told Ryan that he was thankful for Mama.  He's continued every night since then.  Current list of things he is thankful for: Daddy, Mama, Food, Food and Mouth, Papa, and Book. 

It's also worth noting that Ryan and I end his prayers by saying, "Amen" and then Matthew likes add, "All done."

Morning:
The other morning my little doll decided to rise and shine extra early.  I'm a bit spoiled.  I can usually count on a 7:30 am baby alarm clock.  Don't misunderstand, he awakes at 7 and then Ryan and I enjoy the baby monitor wake up show of Matthew practicing his words.  Anyway, this particular morning he woke up EXTRA early with no indication of slowing down.  Seriously, it was still dark.  I gave in and did something I never do.  I got him out of the crib and put him in the toy filled play yard at the foot of our bed in hopes that we could squeeze in a few more minutes of shut eye.  He entertained himself for a few minutes but it wasn't long until we started hearing "I see you, Mama Daddy."  Then he started asking for "mote" and "catinzies".  For those of you who don't speak baby that means he wanted the remote so that he could turn on his cartoons. 

14 months old... I'm in trouble.  At the very least I can say that not a single day passes where Ryan and I don't have a good chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment