Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

  Ryan took Friday afternoon off so that we could venture out for Matthew's first visit to the pumpkin patch.  Did I mention that we're new at this?  We didn't quite know which patch would be the most picturesque or entertaining.  Let's just say that you shouldn't be surprised if you find yourself reading another pumpkin patch entry before this season is over.  This patch was L-A-M-E by all adult standards.  I mean we couldn't even find the goats.  Shouldn't pumpkin patches have goats?  However, after wandering around and watching Matthew explore we decided that it was awesome to see Matthew having so much fun on his first pumpkin discovery adventure.  Apparently by being a pumpkin patch newbie he didn't know that the patch was a dud, plus the weather was beautiful. 
I guess that means our day was a success! 
 
Here we are in the parking lot all full of hope and optimism.
 I just really like this pic of Matty on the pony trailer.
 They did have ponies... and flies.  There was one other little boy at the patch who really wanted to ride the pony, but he wouldn't go near them because of the flies.   That same little boy also really wanted a pumpkin, but, well, flies.  Poor kid.  The flies didn't deter Matthew.
 Here he is letting out his I'm-Trying-To-Figure-This-Out Viking yell.
 Hurry, Mommy!  I want to go over there! 
He was leading me ALL over the place. 
 Gotcha!
 No, seriously, I really gotcha!
Nope, kiddo, we've got you
and we couldn't be more excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment