Sunday, June 10, 2012

Let Them Eat Cake!

Whilst at Walmart (Yes, I know - Walmart.) this week I was struck with a sudden urge to hop on the cake pop bandwagon.  It sounded easy enough.  I decided to go with the box mix and pre-made frosting.  I can seriously mess up even these ready mix things so I figured there was no point in wasting time on anything "from scratch".

Cake baked and messed up.  Frosting added.  Most recipes online said to use 3/4 of a container.  I think next time I'll try more like 1/2 a container.  Also, I need to do a better job of breaking down the bigger chunks.

Balls made and ready to rest in the freezer for a few minutes.

Baby not cooperating with my nap idea.  Please baby!  Mommy would like some uninterrupted cake dipping time.  Sigh.  He makes me smile.  He loves playing with blankets!


Chocolate melted.  I used the idea of dipping the sticks into the melted chocolate before inserting them into the balls to help them stay stuck.  I think it worked.

I quickly decided that my talent does not extend to creating the lollipop look.  My sticks were too short for my holder and it was making quite a mess (you can see the casualty in the background).  The upside down pop was much easier and much quicker.  I'm not sure we even need sticks.  My next round might just be cake balls.


TA-DA - butter pecan cake pops with cream cheese frosting, vanilla chocolate coating and gold sprinkles!

1 comment:

  1. So cool & I love the step by step with pics. I really want to try them now! Way to go mom great job. Matthew is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete