Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Story Time - Round 2

Oh Karma, you silly lady.  I attempted baby story time again, but never actually made it to the library until several hours after the class. Let me explain...

First, I was going to be an awesome mom and get Matthew down for a quick power nap before class, but we were interrupted by a ridiculous onslaught of ringing phones.  Needless to say nap time never actually occurred.  I swear someday I'll remember to unplug that thing at nap time.  By the time I threw in the towel on the nap we were down to T minus 35 minutes until we had to leave for class.  My plan of attack was to plop Little Bit down in his crib with some toys and then hop in the shower and make my wet mess of hair look presentable.  That's what sparked complete meltdown #1.  There is not much of anything more pathetic than a baby standing in a crib, hands gripping the rail with big crocodile tears running down his cheeks.  After swooping him up and depositing him on the changing table for a quick uniform change I noticed that we were on track for being 3-5 minutes late (Yep, I was going to be THAT parent).  Then Mr. Kicky Pants accidentally launched an open container of corn starch off of the changing table, arching it through the air to smack into the door while depositing it's contents all over the nursery.  Sigh.  I can clean it later, right?  So we raced into the living room where our bags were stashed.  I set him down for a nanosecond so that I could find my flip flops and mini meltdown #2 commenced.  Needless to say we never made it to story time.  We had snuggle time instead which by that point I think we both needed more anyway.

I consider this payback for all of the trash I talked about the crappy parents from last week.  However, we did make a quick stop at the library during the afternoon hours and he was in heaven!  I didn't have my camera on me, but I did snap a few blurry pics with the old phone.  Have I mentioned that this kid LOVES him some books?!?!

1st attempt at tearing up paper coloring
(close up since he was in my lap). 
Note that not a single Crayola was harmed or eaten.
Much more brave with the tiger! 
That's right, kid, go for the eyeball!
I can stand up and look at books?!?
Yay, BOOKS!
 Now what are those other kids doing?
I have to add that I was repeatedly thanked with hugs and kisses through out the entire visit!  Happy Mommy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment